I know, I know I’m doing horribly on this whole write stuff once a week thing. I haven’t written anything in how many weeks now? Alas I have all these drafts and no time to do anything with them. How do people manage to accomplish so much in one day? I get to the evening and am so exhausted I don’t want to work on anything. Anyway, I digress, here are a few things I’ve enjoyed recently:
- How coastal cities are trying to make their waterfronts more friendly to coastal life
- An art project depicting diseases brought to America through beadwork
- A measles simulator – it’s amazing what a difference high vaccination rates makes…
- Sharks eat…birds?
- Everything connects, no process exists in isolation – how might plate tectonics have aided the origin of life?
- Shouldn’t surprise anyone, but as with much of science, oceanography is another place where women still face barriers
- All of this
- Haven’t explored all of these, but science and poetry!
- It’s the season for live video feeds from deep ocean exploration! Check out Nautilus Live and Okeanos Explorer and see what they’re up to.