Yes it’s short and I already failed at my write-something-every-week goal, but interviews! Travel!
- Measuring Earth’s ambient seismic noise
- Subsurface microbial life can live for a really, really long time.
- There are giant blobs deep within the Earth’s mantle. What are they? What are they made of? Nobody knows…but we’re trying to find out.
- We can learn a lot from squid and octopuses, but here’s a new one – using a squid protein to engineer a plastic substitute.
- Depressing but nothing we haven’t heard before: “Can you afford to be a marine biologist? Or a scientist?”
- How could I not share a gallery of cephalopods?
- I love this interview with Sylvia Earle, she’s truly inspiring for a would-be oceanographer